Phil Mickelson Fan's Blog

Blogging about the People's Champion Phil Mickelson

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Northern Trust Open

Even though the Northern Trust Open has yet to start I think the most positive outcome has already happened, the cheating talk has been smoothed over and we can get back to playing golf.  

On Tuesday in Los Angeles there was a players only meeting where Scott McCarron apologized to Phil Mickelson for calling him a cheater, Phil accepted the apology and has now removed the controversial Ping Eye2 wedge from his bag.  There is also a report that Mickelson and McCarron had an hour long meeting with PGA Commissioner Tim Finchem but neither side has confirmed.  The PGA has been in talks with Ping with regards to the lawsuit from years back, I get the feeling very soon the Ping Eye2 wedges will be non conforming clubs but let's get back to golf.

The Northern Trust Open is be best field this year.  Steve Stricker, Anthony Kim and Padraig Harrington will all be making their PGA debuts, throw in 2 time defending champion Phil Mickelson and you've got a top notch event.  They are calling for great weather this week in LA so let's get to the picks.

Just to be clear every week I am rooting for Lefty, that being said I will never mention him in my picks but he's always my #1 choice.  I have a good feeling about Ryan Moore, he's been playing solid golf this year and I'm expecting at least a T5 finish for him.  KJ Choi has also been playing well, my sleeper is Freddy Couples.  We all remember him and Phil coming right down to the wire here a couple years ago, I would love to see him in contention on Sunday afternoon. 

Those are my picks, who do you like?  Let me know on twitter @pmickelsonfans I'd love to hear from you

No comments:

Post a Comment