Phil Mickelson Fan's Blog

Blogging about the People's Champion Phil Mickelson

Friday, February 19, 2010

A Quick Thought On Tiger's Speech

I just finished listening to Tiger Wood's speech like the rest of you.  I didn't think he was sincere which is my biggest problem.  During the speech I was wondering how many time he has practiced the speech and how many people worked with him on it.  His best bet would have been to speak from the heart without the notes.  I still get the feeling he doesn't care about what his fans and the public think about him and that hurts.  We are the ones who tune into golf tournaments, buy his products and cheer for him.   The only time I felt he was sincere was when he got angry at the media for following his family around, but it's his fault!  If he would have come out months earlier that wouldn't be the case.

I really wanted to be behind Tiger but after this speech I find myself thinking a little less of him.  I don't think he cares about the golf public and wants us all to forget about this but that will not happen until he is completely honest and speaks from the heart.

I'm going to try to forget about Tiger for awhile and get back to the actual golfers, especially Phil Mickelson.  I hope Phil comes out next week and wins the Phoenix Open so we can get back to talking about golf.

* After some more thought I get the feeling like Tiger doesn't need the public in his life.  I wonder if he would feel the same way if we didn't buy his clothes, videogames, and golf clubs?  I doubt it.  He still seems better than everyone else.  I wish he would have acted like a normal person but I don't think he knows how

What do you guys think of his speech?  I'd love to hear from you.


Match.com Guarantee


SponsoredTweets referral badge

2 comments:

  1. I also thought he was cold and unsincere. I honestly do not think he has changed; maybe he has realized the pain he cas caused but, in essence, he will be the same person.

    I would have expected as more sincere a speech saying "yes, I like women a lot, I am sorry but this is the way I am, I will do my best now to save my marriage..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Point, more sincerity would have helped.

    ReplyDelete